Home » Racing & Sport » De Kock ‘s Power Hand For Classic Day

De Kock ‘s Power Hand For Classic Day

Hollywood are betting on the big features

Mike de Kock saddles four of the nine runners for the R2 million Gr1 SA Classic which headlines the Classic Day meeting at Turffontein on Saturday.
De Kock has opted to run Cape Guineas winner Soqrat in the Hawaii Stakes on the day as his end game is the Gr1 HF Oppenheimer Horse Chestnut Stakes on Champions Day.
S A CLASSIC (Grade 1)
For 3 year-olds (2nd Leg of SA Triple Crown)

1 7 National Park 60 117 A R Fourie Yvette Bremner
2 5 Hawwaam 60 112 A G Lerena Mike de Kock
3 6 Alyaasaat (AUS) 60 108 A R Simons Mike de Kock
4 1 Barahin 60 108 A A Marcus Mike de Kock
5 4 Zillzaal 60 106 A L Hewitson Sean Tarry
6 3 Atyaab (AUS) 60 105 A D De Gouveia Mike de Kock
7 8 Owlinthetree 60 102 A C Maujean Geoff Woodruff
8 9 Approach Control 60 92 A C Zackey Candice Dawson
9 2 Roll Of Drums 60 84 TBA M Yeni Joe Soma
(2,3,4,6)

De Kock also has a strong hand in the R1 250 000 Wilgerbosdrift Gr1 SA Fillies Classic, the second leg of the Wilgerbosdrift SA Triple Tiara, where Gauteng Fillies Guineas winner Nafaayes heads a three-pronged attack.

WILGERBOSDRIFT S A FILLIES CLASSIC (Grade 1)
3yof (2nd Leg Wilgerbosdrift SA Triple Tiara)

1 1 Nafaayes (AUS) 60 109 A W Kennedy Mike de Kock
2 8 Ronnie’s Candy 60 105 T A …………… St John Gray
3 7 Second Request 60 104 A L Hewitson Sean Tarry
4 2 Return Flight 60 102 A A Marcus Sean Tarry
5 4 Running Brave 60 99 A D L Habib Paul Matchett
6 9 Chitengo 60 95 BA R Danielson Alec Laird
7 6 Storm Destiny 60 95 A G Lerena Mike de Kock
8 12 I Like It 60 92 TBA S Brown Stephen Moffatt
9 5 Skye Lane 60 91 T A S Khumalo Joe Soma
10 10 Dagmar 60 90 A R Simons Mike de Kock
11 3 Perfect Tigress 60 90 BA M V’Rensburg M G Azzie/A A Azzie
12 11 Blossom 60 88 A R Fourie Ormond Ferraris
Same Trainer – Not Coupled on Tote
(1,7,10) (3,4)

Watch this space for the feature previews later this week!

10 comments on “De Kock ‘s Power Hand For Classic Day

Yes Mr Editor. Look fwd to the previews. I’m hoping to catch my fav bet, Jackpot, a few times with the help of SP and William ( he is quiet, hoping he saved up for this one) Good news Jockeys kept or allowed same rides.

2. Joel Friedman says:

Well time for Hawwaam to prove just how good he is and that his reputation is spot on , I personally do not believe that Gavin gave him the greatest ride in the world BUT no doubt he is CRYING out for this distance , as for Soqrat no doubt de Kock cannot afford to let them meet .

Joel, maybe, just maybe its not about them clashing or the money . Prize money for Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum Sheik in SA is like tipping the car guard @ at the shopping malls.

I’m relieved to see that Mr de Kock has the foresight to keep Soqrat to a mile, for now.

Hello Cecil, howzit.

My exotic bets of late have been appalling. The vet sent me to the farm for 5 days. Cape Town Horse Sickness or something

I’ll be back on Saturday….running fresh.

Hello William, LoL… Good stuff, great races await us on Sat day, we might not get rich. Soqrat is a banker, agree, clever MdK move. I wonder if your previous fancy Barahin can upset Hawwaam this time. Anyways, Scottsville t-m, my home track and hang out for the day. Rgds

Oh yes Cecil,

if Soqrat doesn’t win – That long black cloud is comin’ down, I feel I’m knockin’ on heaven’s door

Knock, knock, knockin’ on heaven’s door

I fancy a bit of Tamarina in Race 6 and Cecil Pienaar’s Zillzaal in the Classic

My brief on the Classic and card

I fancy ZILLZAAL for 1st – NATIONAL PARK for 2nd & BARAHIN for 3rd.

I have advised my heavy hitting punters/friends not to back HAWWAAM to win.

Barahin, my early fancy for the big races in KZN appears to be a hard ride. I noticed that Faydeherbe had to get stuck into him at the entrance to the Greyville straight when be beat Soqrat. Admittedly, he was learning.

I noticed this same tendency on his comeback run. Marcus had to get stuck into him again for a response against National Park, so for now, I have reservations about him.

It might be unfounded but I can’t back him either for a win. I am going with a hefty place bet on ZILLZAAL for this step up to 1800m.

Race 1 – RESPONSIBLE – tiny place

Race 2 – CHOUETTE – miniature place

Race 3 – POWERED BEAUTY – THRONG – THE DAZZLER

Race 4 – GREEK FIRE – PUGET SOUND – LIEGE

Race 5 – EARTH SKY – TIRZAN – SAMURAI WARRIOR – DROMEDARIS

Race 6 – SOQRAT – if, if you decide to cover for the upset , I’ll suggest INFAMOUS FOX – I will bank
    SOQRAT though.

Race 7 – HIGH SEAS BEAUTY – GREENER PASTURES – INSIGNIS – TAMARINA ( I’m going wider in my P6)

Race 8 – NAFAAYES – RETURN FLIGHT and RUNNING BRAVE for 3rd – Go Go Devin Habib

Race 9 – ZILLZAAL – ZILLZAAL – BARAHIN

Race 10 – ULLA – JAILHOUSE JAZZ – SEE YOU TYGER

Race 11 – WILLIAM MILKOVITCH

Race 12 – PICCADILLY SQUARE – WRAP IT UP – EMPRESS ROCK

9. Poison says:

What’s ur pick 6

Morning William. Great stuff and Good Luck, Big P6 pool today and with horses added like Zillzaal, and one more upset in a leg, were in for nice payout. I am banking Soqrat and Return Flight. If we don’t win the Pick, my fav bets, 2 Jackpots today, and LoL I fancy William Will Win in Race 11. Happy Punting…..