Home » Racing & Sport » Racing Veteran Slams Public Protector Challenge

Racing Veteran Slams Public Protector Challenge

'Assassins on our industry'

Leading SA Bloodstock Consultant and Stallion Manager John Freeman has slammed the recent Public Protector’s challenge as ‘nonsensical’.

John Freeman

John Freeman –  has his say!

Writing in the informative Freeman Stallions eNews of 6 June – Edition 797 – the veteran racing man says it as he sees it.

He writes:

I don’t want to get into that nonsensical challenge by the public protector – no doubt inspired by the nefarious ambitions of one P Kema who thinks that she should be put in charge of looting racing’s assets.

Public Protector, Adv Busisiwe Mkhwebane (Photo: Flickr)

Public Protector, Adv Busisiwe Mkhwebane (Photo: Flickr)

In other parts of the world this sort of nonsense would be kicked for touch, where it belongs.

Sadly in South Africa we have a government who sees racing not for its value as an employer of 100,000 people, the major contribution it makes to agricultural income streams and massive foreign investment etc etc – but as another enterprise they’d like to loot.

Racing has been my life and my reason to get up for the past 45 years and I am frankly peed off that we have to waste so many millions on legal processes fending off this nonsense.

I have no doubt that the courts will make these assassins on our industry see sense – but the price is too high.

We can’t afford to waste money like this when grooms need better accommodation, higher pay and owners subside the industry like never before. Where are we supposed to get all this money from when the industry has to waste it on lawyers?

Let’s forget about that insane challenge and enjoy our racing because there is nothing we ordinary folk can do about it anyway.

9 comments on “Racing Veteran Slams Public Protector Challenge

1. Merle Gouveris says:

Anything that does or could involve the PP will undoubtedly be a waste of money.

2. Ian Jayes says:

Phindi Kema may not have been successful in her submissions, but the ihdustry owes her a debt of gratitude for getting an Inquiry where the Phumelela/HRDF pillaging of public money could be acted upon. Where was John Freeman when this happened? It was my evidence that was substantiated and I challenge John Freeman to prove any part of it that was not correct. The sale of Gosforth Park and Newmarket racecourses need inquiring into whether John Freeman likes it or not.

3. Speedyvar says:

So Mr John Freeman what are you really really saying?

Mr Ed, this PP story makes me think of what my beloved Mother, now Heaven, used to say – There are 3 sides to most stories

But, do you know what ” The good, the bad and the Ugly” is in Afrikaans

Saw the movie, Cecil
      Do tell, please

My skelmpie, my vrou en my skoonma.

Have a great day’s racing

Jackpot time…

Great 🙂

6. Speedyvar says:

Mr John Freeman it is Phumelela Gaming and Leisure, the JSE Listed company that is butting heads with the Public Protector not the South African horse racing industry.
    When Mr. Freeman states “”,I am frankly peed off that we have to waste so many millions on legal processes fending off this nonsense,Is he a shareholder in PGL? If he is then he must have benefited from the grooms accommodation millions.
    Can Mr, Freeman explain why he says—– that the nefarious ambitions of one P Kema who thinks that she should be put in charge of looting racing’s assets”When and how according to you was she going to do that.
    What evidence have you got Mr. Freeman to say the government sees racing as another enterprise they’d like to loot.
    One seems to pick up there is something else here..

7. rebelboer says:

I would suggest that the formidable former MP Ian Jayes is not to be taken lightly, and that there is more to this then a Public Protector scratching where there is no itch…

Comments are closed.

David Kuit – Memorial

Great Golf, Winning Wines, Fabulous Fun!