Home » Racing & Sport » Wrensch Gets His Icebreaker

Wrensch Gets His Icebreaker

First winner for Milnerton trainer

With a small string at his disposal, it’s been a while in coming. But longstanding former workrider and assistant to the late Ronnie Sheehan, Peter Wrensch opened his account as a trainer with a game win by the 3yo Captain Garett in the opener at Kenilworth on Saturday.

Andile Ndlele gets Captain Garett to stay on well (Pic – Chase Liebenberg)

Having only his second star after a good debut effort, the Klidprif Stud-bred Captain Garett stayed on dourly after his good debut run when green and staying on.

“We will take any win and it’s not easy winning any race in the Cape. Captain Garett will be happier around the turn. He’s a very leggy horse and his half brother won at 1450m in Mauritius. Jackie and Ronnie Sheehan would have been proud as the winner’s dam Lola Budd raced for them when I worked for them. None of the breeders wanted her so Ronnie sent her off to Captain Of All as he couldn’t afford Captain Al. It’s quite an emotional win, “ said Wrensch who also thanked his loyal owners.

The winner was given a good ride by former Cape workrider of the year, Andile Ndlele.

Read the Peter Wrensch story here

11 comments on “Wrensch Gets His Icebreaker

Many Congratulations Peter, up up and away !

2. Rajen Govender says:

Collin…who the hell are u to call me a money monger do u even know the meaning of a monger better still do u even know me its o.k.for u to show disrespect to other yes u right i dont know the late Mr Brian Wild i never had the privilege of meeting him but i do know off him.to get my point across witch is how disappointed iam not having to play the doubles i merely mentioned that the money i used to play the double with i now use at the casino also when i used this platform i saw other prints about other topics.it was not my intention to show disrespect to the Wild family.my sincere apologise to the Wild family may god give u strength in this time of need.R.I.P Mr Wild.and as for u collin if u had any passion for the…then u would respect my views..maybe u seek attention from the…

3. Rod Mattheyse says:

Congrats Peter, special moment for you

4. Neville Melville says:

Well done peter

5. Didier Hurree says:

Thanks to my Trainer and Partner Peter. Hard work pays and i remember when i was begging you to take over after Ronnie. You are doing a great job Mate with all our horses and 2nd win might be on Tuesday😝. I dedicate this win to Ronnie and Jackie, my son Garett and daughter Brookeline and to Sonia the love of my life. Thanks again Peter see u in January.

Well done Didier

6. Mervyn Fritz says:

Welldone Peter Wrensch. I am so happy for you.All the best for the years ahead. Mervyn Fritz.

7. Peter Dembitzer says:

Peter, heartiest congrats on the first of many winners.
    Always willing to go the extra mile you deserve your success

8. Peter Dembitzer says:

Peter, heartiest congrats on your 1st of many winners. As a man who always gives 100%, you deserve every success in your new career.
    Thank you Sporting Post for deleting my previous e mail.

What was deleted Peter?