Home Β» Racing & Sport Β» Sun Met – 22 Remain

Sun Met – 22 Remain

Final field on Monday 20 January

Rondeberg trainer Andre Nel withdrew four of his five entries at final supplementary entry stage today for the R3 million Gr1 Sun Met to be run at Kenilworth on 1 February.

Dingaans winner Shango – nice prep on Saturday and is at 33-1 with Hollywoodbets (Pic – JC Photos)

This leaves 22 horses in the field in advance of final declarations next Monday. Only 20 can run.

See the Hollywoodbets Sun Met antepost betting here

A notable exception as a possible late inclusion was Saturday’s Gr1 Cartier Paddock Stakes winner Queen Supreme, who is now likely to line up in the Majorca Stakes on Met day.

It was speculated that she could try her luck in the Met.

R3 000 000 2000m 17:10
0 Vikram Scratched (4G) 60 100 BA Andre Nel
0 Sovereign Spirit (4G) 60 95 A Candice Bass-Robinson
0 Shango (3C) 55 120 BAT Sean Tarry
0 Putontheredlight (3C) 55 107 A Sean Tarry
0 On My Mind (3C) 55 89 AT Sean Tarry
(26)

Declarations close at 11h00 on Monday 20 Jan 2020.

Final Field Announcement will be made on Monday 20 Jan 2020.

Barrier Draws at an event TBA on Tuesday 21 Jan 2020.

The use of pseudonyms is permitted by posters to afford everybody the equal opportunity to inform or express ideas, on condition that the content of any post does not infringe upon any aspect, stated or implied, of the Sporting Post's advertised public comments policy.

It should be expressly noted that the views expressed by posters are not necessarily those of the Sporting Post.

21 comments on “Sun Met – 22 Remain

1. Ian says:

Hawwaam can only beat Vardy in the Sun Met if he starts running now

2. Figo says:

Vardy cannot win the Met..il lay all Vardy punters 10/1

3. Ryan Reddy says:

Ian u cake..how many horses won the Queen’s plate and Met

4. Ryan Reddy says:

Ian how many horses have won both the Queen’s plate and the Met..go do it homework..URL all know nothing…ask urlselves which is bigger

5. Ryan Reddy says:

Ian Vardy must start now

6. Nishaam says:

Vardy is up an cumn….Hawaam is proven class…De kock is mystrio……big daddy wstch met

7. Pops says:

William,William Milkovitch, so Vardy does end up with MR 134 after LQP?

8. David says:

Snaith is the master not vardy not hawaam if it runs will win the met that goes to do it again now that’s class

9. Prasheen harrimohan says:

Nishaam hawaam is proven class against ass. When he ran with class he became assπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Ryan reddy ul favorite punters know nothing about racing. Ul will back a favorite four times till it wins and get happy for the 8 to 10 price ul got. But wid a horse like vardy even if it still loses the next ten races a person would have still made a profit because of the price it won at every time it ran. Favorite punters like ul know nothing about racing but u call Ian a cake. U the biggest cake for following hawaam. U might as well place rainbow Bridge at 13 to 10 a place ul have 3 chances to win ur money than no chance

10. Verlynn Johnson says:

While you all are fighting between Hawwaam and Vardy. I will play an each way bet on Twist of Fate and Rainbow Bridge.

11. marcel says:

ONE WORLD is the horse they all have to beat.

12. Fyndraai says:

One World’s optimum trip is 1600. It’s the same as you telling me Tap’o North will win over 2800m on Met day.

13. Beatle says:

I just think Do It Again is finished and will be taken out of Met , just my thoughts

14. LR Mulligan says:

All these comments make horse racing the great sport it is today, ‘ the sport of kings as they say’, thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and passionate comments. Last year I looked long and hard at the met day as a whole and made my choices based on all the jockeys and trainers and horses and how they would handle the pressure on the ‘Big Day’. I banked Marcus to open up my pick 6 on Cirello and banked him to close it on Rainbow Bridge. I’m not saying that I’ve got the recipe for success because as we all know punters also need the luck of running on the day but my perm cost me R240 and I made R21000 plus some small change on the PA around R750… My humble opinion on the main race is that Hardy will start at favorite and deserves all glory around that because of the amazing rise to fame and achievement in such a short time.the riding tactics pinned down by Adam Marcus won’t change and I believe that the instruction again from owners and trainer will again be to fall back and make a late burst from the back of the field. This tactic may be the downfall unless he Hardy stays handy, but recipe for success won’t be changed particularly with all the bumping that will go on midfield. If I were Adam though I would give instruction to get cover midfield as Hardy will outrun any horse in a burst for the line, also the distance of the race being 2000m I don’t believe will be a problem for the horse but may be a problem for the jockey,( it’s a different matter driving your car from cape Town to George than driving from cape Town to JHB no matter how well you think you know your car..) Hawaan did not get a clear run for the line in the QP and only got into he’s stride late, well see a different ride from Anton come Met day and Hawaan will be handy coming around the bend Anton I think will go for the rail for cover and will make a run from there, I think he will be hard to beat looking at all the tactics coming into this race and also has something prove especially to he’s fans and to the greatest trainer ever to grace our fairways sir Mike de Kock (my own personal knight wood by the way).. The other horses I give chances to win it are Rainbow Bridge (in good firm at the moment and the defending champion) Do it again( we all know what he can do on he’s day, the raining Pocket Power of our day) One World up and coming champion, and My outsider if he runs is Charles.. Bred for greatness, has a lot to prove and somehow history might repeat itself when Big Charles won. It’s been a while since an outsider took it and this might be the year.. Good luck to everyone, check the weather predictions heat, wind, etc, they play a big part,…

15. LR Mulligan says:

Please excuse spelling especially Hardy should obviously be Vardy.

16. Gavin says:

Bunker hunt for a place.. Love it..

17. afzal says:

Bunker hunt

18. Nico says:

I just read that Snaith is a master and Do it again will win the met πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

19. Hendrik Potgieter says:

If DO IT AGAIN runs in the met, go stand at the winning pay out queue.

20. Morgan says:

Rainbow Bridge is the winner . Any bets….

21. Ovie says: