Home » Breeding » Ralph Is New TBA Council Member

Ralph Is New TBA Council Member

TBA Council has welcomed Bradley Ralph to the board

The Council of the Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association of South Africa is pleased to announce that Bradley Ralph has been co-opted as a Council member.

Ralph (pictured above) has accepted the position on the Council and joins Lee Scribante (Chairman), Eugene Freeman (Vice-Chairman), Marc Greene, Warwick Render, Rennie Price, Craig Kieswetter and Vaughan Koster in administering the affairs of the Association.

Bradley is well known in racing and breeding, and currently serves on the board of the Racing Trust.

The Chairman said: “The Council thanks Brad for agreeing to serve the breeding industry. He brings with him an in-depth knowledge of the industry as a whole, together with solid business acumen. We look forward to his involvement in, and contribution to, the running of the Association on behalf of all breeders.”

Ralph is Standard Bank’s Head of Retail Banking Enablement and is a seasoned banker having been in Retail Banking for 20 years.

The use of pseudonyms is permitted by posters to afford everybody the equal opportunity to inform or express ideas, on condition that the content of any post does not infringe upon any aspect, stated or implied, of the Sporting Post's advertised public comments policy.

It should be expressly noted that the views expressed by posters are not necessarily those of the Sporting Post.

9 comments on “Ralph Is New TBA Council Member

1. Jimmy T says:

Here we go again. Another one sporting more than one hat in horse racing. When will it end.

2. MGram says:

I have never hears of him. Mr Ed perhaps you can do a profile for us?

That was mentioned as an option earlier
      will give him a shout

3. Twin Farrell says:

I would never have thought that a full time employee of Standard Bank and its head of retail banking which has been very busy closing hundreds of retail stores in the past year would have enough time to work on the affairs of the TBA and the Racing Trust. I am impressed. I am not so sure how impressed the Standard Bank will be.

4. Steve Reid says:

Great appointment. Not a lawyer and seems to be someone who has something between his ears. He will be a standout on that board. I’m liking some of the new kids on the block.

1. karel says:

‘he’ll be a standout on the board’ – that is the most insensitive, uninformed, insulting comment I’ve heard for ages – I wonder just what qualifies you to write that

5. Steve Reid says:

I have every right to comment on the performances of the current and previous NHA boards, what gives you the impression that I haven’t qualified to do so, and what exactly in your opinion, are the qualifications needed? Just what exactly does saying a very competent corporate individual will be a standout among some very tired ( get it? ) and tested individuals come across as insulting? I think if anything its a sincere compliment and I think that he will be smashing along with progressives like Ashley Parker. If they gets the right support, and I can see the new broom is making dust, changes are on the way and about time too.

You have your views I have mine. If I have insulted someone don’t fret I wont lose any sleep.

6. Roderick Mattheyse says:

Box N Dine tickets R500 a pop all proceeds to a grooms trust

In the Blue Corner Karel Miedema and in the Red Corner Steve Reid….

Jabs about who knows what the other is thinking counts double points.

To keep the snowflakes and bunny huggers happy the round by round display will be displayed by a non binary , neutral coloured drone. Sorry no food or drink served in case someone gets offended.

Its for a good cause

7. Steve Reid says:

Oops! Apologies are definitely in order. I was under the impression that Mr Ralph was appointed to the NHA board, and thus my comments thereon. Karel you are 100% correct, I have no basis to comment on TBA appointments and I profusely and unreservedly apologise to all TBA board members, current and past for comparing to the NHA board members. That could most definitely be seen as insulting.

What a pity Ralph is not on the NHA board, he would most definitely have been a standout there. Thinking about it, he would be even more useful on the post Phumelela body tasked to turn racing around.