Home » Racing & Sport » Industry – Service Lockdown?

Industry – Service Lockdown?

'Astounded by their service' - longstanding gamer

I have been an avid reader of Sporting post for many years and use their constructive info and my stupid head to place my bets.

Viv Leppens writes in the Sporting Post Mailbag that he has been a Telebet/Phumelela gamer since telebet started.

I am astounded by the type of service, before and during the lockdown, by Phumelela and Tellytrack to keep the punter informed via their platforms.

Their attitude was, and is, short sighted.

When there is a promotion regarding Pick 6 carryovers and Soccer pool carry overs, they are quick to sms all of us.

When it comes to safeguarding their futures and the lives and jobs of the horseracing industry, as well as keeping their customers happy, there’s nothing.

I wanted to alter my telebet account to enable me to punt online while the call-centres were down. The message on the call centre tape was music. I am sure I did not turn the radio on and I was certainly not in a lift going up to the 2nd floor!

The Phumelela e-mail address on the website, namely [email protected] is full and has been so for over 3 months, so one’s message cannot be delivered.

The so called ‘customer care line’  and Turffontein racecourse is non-existent and that is if they answer the phone.

There were tapes playing, stating that there would be limited betting via telebet.

This was ‘fake news’ which is actually illegal in these times. LOL.

I have already eaten all the snacks and chocolates.

I am running out of cigarettes and about to kick the cat, and I can’t involve the wife as we are getting old.

Will have to risk my life to go out doors to buy provisions and risk my life – just like the 3 people who manned the telebet call centre yesterday.

In these days of all websites/platforms of expression, cellphones means of communication and in the old days the Red Indians used smoke signals and Africans used drums

How and why does this happen?

All the responsible must get together and fix it or it will all no longer be there.

For goodness sake a Roulette wheel and Lotto on Tellytrack . As boring as the news and a politician’s (not the horse) speech.

I wish to place a bet of all my life’s savings that the lockdown will continue after 17 April. But I could not get my bet on.

With this virus (corn-cob), life has changed as we know it and will never be the same again. Look to the future, plan and strategize for the challenges ahead.

Civil unrest and hungry bellies, unemployment and people who need to be helped and guided. The so called lucky ones still here

Plan your work and work your plan.

Regards and stay safe.

Ed – Phumelela confirmed at lunch-time on Monday 30 March that they would contact Mr Leppens.

10 comments on “Industry – Service Lockdown?

1. DEAN DEMONT says:

I wonder why it takes a disgruntled punter, for telebet/ phumelela to contact the punter. These issues are long withstanding, and I doubt if it will ever reach a point where they wake up. On Sunday I caught a particular quartet in Sweden, and every dividend was in barring the quartet dividend. The next race was about to go off, and still nothing. The dividend appeared about 200m into the next race. They promote the game wonderfully, then have someone work there, that’s brain has also gone on lockdown..

2. Philip Goldberg says:

Not related, but even with a minimal amount of racing, I see daily carryovers of between R5000 & R10000 per day. That is R150000 & R300000 per month, or R1.8mil & R3.6mil per year.
    The matter has been raised before, however no-one give the satisfactory answer to the punters’ question, what happens to our carryover money?

3. Brian says:

Dean, go to Hollywood. They even pay you out before you can blink

I have to say that Brian is spot on Dean.

I still e-mail Hollywoodbets when things go a bit pear-shaped but they payout before you can say “Phumelela Poison”

I like to give credit where due. There’s a lady there called Tyla Labuschagne.

Once she even organized for my request to be payout out in R 17 700 worth of R2 notes

Wow, That is seventy Rand and 1.7 seventy thousand and 1000 🤭, now listening properly in two rands, it’s ….
    It will almost fill a swimming pool ….

Viv Leppens, I enjoyed your letter, made my day…

6. Pops says:

William,take it the Pony Express delivered your payout to your homestead without incident.
    Those were the days when a two Rand could get you a British pound.

The dirty blue Two Rand note. 🤦🤦

Pops, I liked the deep purple R5 note.

I was 17, last race @ Milnerton, wind blowing again, R1.20 left over which was not enough for bus and train fare to get back to the Southern Suburbs.

I put R1 on a horse called Quetto, readied myself to walk ( maybe 3 hours) after the photo finish sign went up.

After more than 10 minutes passed, Quetto was declared the winner, and I got payout out R10.10 !

Two five rand notes later, I was king of the world again. Stopped off at Coimbra Bakery on Belverdere Road to buy a dozen sausage rolls for my Mom.

8. Rian says:

Now that shop Coimbra bakery brings back memories, every weekend they had the best baked bread and rolls and lekker goed like William picked up,
    William you forgot Charles fortune commenting on your recipe
    Cecil what about the park and eat joints, great times

9. Mike says:

The best Hollywood

10. DEAN DEMONT says:

No, you guys are missing my point, Saftote had every dividend available barring the quartet dividend. They only declared a dividend, once the next race had started.. surely the “computer generated payout” should be automatic and instant.The amount of winning combinations into the pool.. why should a computer generated payout,take 25mins to appear?. So Hollywood wouldn’t have paid out,as they go by the official payout supplied by saftote.