Home » Racing & Sport » ‘Two Years Ago On Tuesday’ – Anthony Delpech

‘Two Years Ago On Tuesday’ – Anthony Delpech

Hollywoodbets Racing Ambassador tells his story

Anthony and Candice Delpech (Pic – Hollywoodbets)

Two years ago on 7th April 2018, my life changed forever. This was the day I fell off Majestic Mambo during the SA Classic at Turffontein.

Anthony Delpech writes that sometimes in racing, there are decisions you make and you get away with.This was one split decision I made, and it ended my career.

Anthony provides a personal look back to SA Classic Day two years ago, and the tragic fall that ended his riding career.

Read his story here

8 comments on “‘Two Years Ago On Tuesday’ – Anthony Delpech

1. Pieta says:

A TOP man….he rode a winner for me…..Flaming Act….sadly my partner has passed…but what a professional attitude when we got into the winners circle……I have the photo…..will try and pass on to ed ..

2. Jerry Parmasiven says:

Anthony was and would be the best jockey for me he was a champion rider and would love to see him ride again nothing is impossible

3. bob kistnasamy says:

In life there are many what ifs, curve balls and challenges. However, these are secondary when one has overcome them and path a new future which Anthony has embraced.
    Anthony, your recovery and career would make for interesting reading and your life experiences would support many others who encountered hardships and challenges. There is a lot of motivation in your experiences and most important of all, we still have your wisdom.
    Thanks for a wonderful ride and may the powers at Gold Circle especially Greyville and Scotsville enlist your services which would be great for the industry and its patrons.
    Hopefully, Hollywood could get you to occupy the seat of review at the above venues.
    How refreshing that would be!!

4. Kevin G says:

Anthony was a world class rider and by far my favorite Jockey along with another great Glen Hatt

5. Herbie Vermeulen says:

Hi “Ants”
    Haven’t been racing for a long time, but you were always such a genuine bloke. I miss the good old racing days with you and Shezi.
    Great to see you smiling again !!!
    Good luck with the new chapter in your life.
    Herbie.

6. Dees says:

One of the best jockeys in south Africa Sadly missed but family comes first and your decision was 100%

7. Preston says:

The best way to describe Anthony Delpech apart from being a incredible talented jockey , was he was an person who commanded respect and who in turn was a very respectful person to the general public and to the elites who he rubbed shoulders with. He was able to bridge the gap between the ordinary punters and speculative owners. I will always remember you for the ride on Classic Flag.God bless you and your family Anthony,