Home » Racing & Sport » Safi Talks To The Good

Safi Talks To The Good

Winning Ways Show - next instalment on Thursday

James Goodman

James Goodman

Winning Ways Show host James Goodman spoke to racing fan David Safi earlier today.

The veteran racing man speaks about racing and the various challenges facing the industry, including board members and shareholders stonewalling and allowing the rot to continue.

The one-time wannabee jockey also talks about his life and other interesting items.

Click on the Winning Ways Show here

11 comments on “Safi Talks To The Good

1. Jason Dedekind says:

Dear Mr Ed

I hope you are well.

Please check the spelling of David’s surname.
    I think the headline should read ‘Safi Talks To The Good’

Good to listen to David and James…..very informative. Good to know the background of this mercurial racing character.

Listening today – this is the type of story I’d love to listen to more of.

@James – keep these character stories coming. (I know the main event for most will be Thursday, but for me I really enjoyed today’s chat). Well done and thanks Squire.

All the best.

JD

Hi Jason
      All well thanks! Welcome to the platform.
      We were off the grid, as it were – but have corrected Mr Safi’s surname. Thanks for correcting us.
      Agree – the straight racing talk is entertaining.
      Look forward to the second episode on Thursday
      Cheers

2. Namsat says:

Excellent stuff – looking forward to Thursday

3. Frankie says:

Frankie Zackey…
    Jason the word mercurial as I read it means someone with sudden and unpredictable mood and mind changes,,I dont know how much time you’ve spent with David but in my 40 years with him he certainly does not have unpredictable mood and mind changes,, maybe you only saw him when he was reacting to the way he was treated by those who stuffed up our racing game,, I heard your voice clip and well done for having the guts to tell the truth…

4. Donald says:

Agreed Namsat , EXCELLENT STUFF describes the 1st part of the interview well !

I have known quite a few professional gamblers in my time who lived on horse racing , cards and snooker ( always best of 3 frames when the money was down ) and never did any other work in their lifetimes. What they all had in common , two of which were my peers have now passed on , was that they all lived a hard up and down life never poor but also unable to retire on their winnings ?

David Safi does not fall under this category of gambler as he did have a job outside gambling at some point !

5. Jason Dedekind says:

@Mr Zackey

Mercurial does indeed mean what you say, but it also means “someone who is intelligent, lively, and quick”…. so please use this description on how I have described Mr Safi as this is how I meant it.

All the best everyone.
    JD

6. eric red says:

Loved the interview,cannot wait for part 2,well done James

7. Frankie says:

Frankie Zackey…
    Got you Jason…Stay Safe

8. Singing boy says:

Very enjoyable. Thanks to James for his efforts, one of the few that has consistently contributed meaningfully, and probably without the support of the operators etc.

9. Rod Mattheyse says:

Unfortunately James is displaying again that he is part of the problem and not the solution allowing unadulterated Unchallenged babble by David Safi. No fact checking – maybe Mr Goodman can help with trying to copywrite the Rainbow.

A quick question to Mr Safi , is he challenging Gallop as well?

10. Frans says:

Unfortunately James, there will always be those who contribute nothing of value either in words or deeds but are great at sitting on the fence throwing stones. Without wanting to be accused of spewing unadulterated babble, let me now congratulate and encourage you to continue the good work.