Home » Racing & Sport » Katak The Banker Today?

Katak The Banker Today?

Projected R800 000 Pick Six starts at 13h25

There are four feature races on today’s Kenilworth card and there will be two carryovers on the day.

The four races have been rescheduled from the meeting that was washed out on Saturday 27 June.

Piet Steyn’s Katak – odds on and a popular choice today (Pic – Chase Liebenberg)

They are the Winter Solstice Stormsvlei Stakes (Listed) over 1800m, the Casey Bloomberg Ladies Mile (Listed) over 1600m, the Cordocelli Olympic Duel Stakes over 1200m and the Abe Bloomberg Legal Eagle Stakes (Grade 3) over 1800m.

Tabnews reports that the Pick 6 (Races 4 to 9) will kick off with a carryover of R100 000 and has been estimated to reach R800 000 while Jackpot 1, which will incorporate all four features, will have R50 000 added to the pool and is estimated to reach R400 000.

Race 8, which is the Grade 3 Abe Bloomberg Legal Eagle Stakes over 1800m, is the second leg of the Winter Series for three-year-olds.

The first leg was won by unbeaten Katak, who is being touted as a star of the future. He runs in the same colours as Pocket Power and is predicted to follow in the champion’s footsteps whose rise to fame began with a win in the Winter Series.

Trained by Piet Steyn, Katak has been priced up at 6-10 and will be ridden Greg Cheyne

There is also a bright future predicted for Sing Out Loud, who runs in the Listed Winter Solstice Stormsvlei Stakes over 1800m. She won the first leg of the Winter Series for three-year-0ld fillies and is expected to follow up with a fluent win on Tuesday.

She is trained by Brett Crawford, will be ridden by Corne Orffer, and is quoted at 13-20 to win this event.

12 comments on “Katak The Banker Today?

1. Frankie says:

Frankie Zackey…It’s been ages since I last saw a proper racehorse,, I needed to backtrack to the Hawwaam day’s believe it or not…anyway let’s hope Katak gives he’s trainer Piet Steyn a good few Group 1 success that Piet deserves,,my word was he impressive last time out…apologies for jumping to complete different topic,,but why is it that Mr Anton Marcus is riding plus 0,5Kg over on Miss Boomerang tomorrow out at Greyville who now carries 59Kg ? after riding Herodotus in Saturday’s World Sports Betting Cup Trial carrying 57,5kg,, now 4 day’s later he’s battling to ride 58,5kg,, just makes no sence..where are our stipes we need to know what is going on,,is it because it’s AM and he can do as he pleases? obviously at time of scratchings they were well aware of the plus 0,5kg factor…as a concern punter did any stipe take the time to find out why Marcus will be overweight on Miss Boomerang after being carded 4 days earlier to ride 57,5kg on Herodotus…wakee wakee stipes

2. Frankie says:

Frankie Zackey…Pls Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I’m having a go but the (stipes) where is the consistency…Not if but or maybe – had it been Chad Little you could have taken poison that the man would have to waste the 0,5kg…I’ve been an agent for a good few jocks and I understand that wasting on a big day is no joke,,so refuelling for the next few days is a no brainer,,so I fully understand why Marcus is plus 0,5kg,, and it being a pretty ordinary day for racing at Greyville tomorrow and that trainer Spies was okay with the plus 0,5kg…apologies to AM if I worded my message incorrectly,, it was not directed at you but to the stipes for their lack of transparency and inconsistency…already by Monday there should have been an explanation to why Marcus is plus a 0,5kg , then we the racing public would be okay with it,,why must we the public always have to be the ones that must ask and find out question and answers…

I’ve just had a good win on Veronica Mars and banked her in my Bipot

How did you find that?

Black jockey, positive comments (which I don’t usually take great note of) , Number 1 draw, I have a bias for Legislate & most importantly, the first girl I made out with was Veronica…. Oh how I miss her

R65 000 Bipot payout ..,Jospin Solomons & Devin Ashby for Joint Presidents !!

6. Asgar Essack says:

Well done William…It is definitely not easy to find a twenty to one outsider.

Hello Mr Ed
    Do you know if The Punters competition is on tomorrow
    It’s normally open for new selections by now. I need to win some free money, cause with the real stuff I suck at the moment. Hope I’m not the only one. And to the triplets that won over the weekend, well done 🍺

Definitely open Cecil

Let us know if you have a problem
      email [email protected] as jy nie regkom nie!

8. Pieta Louw. says:

Mr ED, nice touch to have all the tipsters on one page👍

Dankie Mr Ed, geez these guys are helpful, fixed

Goeie Nag 👍🏼

Good morning Mr. Essack, as at today who’s your fancy for the July, Sir ?

I receiving my money today from last Wednesday’s PA payout at Greyville … I lost the Pick 6 in the last leg by leaving out no.11