About to celebrate a fourth consecutive Australian General Sires Premiership, Arrowfield stallion Snitzel (Redoute’s Choice-Snippet’s Lass, by Snippets) has proved himself to be one of the most consistent top echelon sires of the modern era.
Coming from off the pace earlier in the year, he has gapped his two closest rivals, I Am Invincible and Pierro, by an unequivocal margin of around A$2 million although there are still a few days left to run of the season.
The efforts of I Am Invincible and Pierro were also quite outstanding – both finishing over A$3 million clear of their own chasers. In all, twelve stallions will complete the season with progeny earnings of A$10 million or more.
They comprise, according to Arion Pedigrees, on 27 July:
- Snitzel (Redoute’s Choice) – $17,776,438
- I Am Invincible (Invincible Spirit) – $15,755,616
- Pierro (Lonhro) – $15,740,273
- Fastnet Rock (Danehill) – $12,542,097
- Not A Single Doubt (Redoute’s Choice) – $12,383,880
- Sebring (More Than Ready) – $11,946,273
- Zoustar (Northern Meteor) – $11,087,300
- Exceed and Excel (Danehill) – $10,933,812
- Written Tycoon (Inglesia) – $10,884,049
- Rubick (Encosta de Lago) – $10,730,658
- So You Think (High Chaparral) – $10,225,631
- Ocean Park (Thorn Park) – $10,078,548