Equus award for horseracing journalist of the year – season 2010/2011
Following the cancellation of last year’s Journalist of the Year Award, Racing South Africa has investigated other models from around the world and is pleased to announce a brand new format to award excellence in this crucial component of the Sport of Horseracing.
1. The award is open to and invites all journalists within the print, television and electronic media industry. Entry is, therefore, not restricted to journalists within the formal horseracing media only and freelance journalist are invited and encouraged to enter.
2. The 2 categories that will be judged are:
- Written material (print/electronic)
3. All entrants will be required to submit 2 pieces of their work that have been published (print/electronic) or broadcast (television) during the 2010/2011 South African Horseracing Season (01 August 2010 to the 31 July 2011)
4. No late entries will be accepted and only work published or broadcast during the stipulated time period is eligible.
5. Racing South Africa, together with Alison Mackenzie (former editor of the South African Racehorse) and an international journalist familiar with South African horseracing will form the panel of judges.
6. Work submitted must be well written or narrated, pertinent and must be of value to the sport of South African Horseracing. Entries will be judged on research, accuracy and presentation.
7. Whilst welcoming independent view, contributions must be positive throughout the South African Horseracing season.
8. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Racing South Africa reserves the right to cancel both awards if the number of entries received does not meet the required number needed for the award to stand (8 entrants)
10. Like other nominees, the journalists in contention will be invited to attend the Equus Awards.
11. Entries must be received by Wednesday, 3 August 2011 and can be submitted by email to: