This Sire Is No Longer Active
2017 – back in racing after low fertility
2016 – First season at stud
2015 – Champion Miler
2014 – Horse of the Year, Champion 3yo Male, Champion Middle Distance
The Fastest horse ever over a mile ar Kenilworth
Winner of 4 Gr1 races
- Gr1 Cape Derby
- Gr1 Daily News 2000
- Gr1 Gold Challenge
- Gr1 Durban July
- placed in another 3 Gr1 races
Son of Equus Horse of the Year & 3x Equus Oustanding Sire DYNASTY
Suitable mares for LEGISLATE could include
- The Drum Beat Bunch, incl Drum Beat (widespread, incl Trocadero, Jolly Drummer, Victory Moon, etc.); Court Martial (widespread, incl Lyphard, Elliodor, Count duBois, Western Winter, Capture Him, Lords, Welsh Harmony, National Emblem, etc.); Mixed Marriage (Sharpen Up, Gone West, Western Winter, West Man, Count duBois, etc); Farthing Damages (Pole Position, Mummy’s Pet, Whistler, etc.), Advocate (Forli); Prize Court (Mexico, Harry Hotspur); Dramatic, Field Master (Captain Al, etc.); Sansonnet, Tudor Minstrel (widespread, incl Mrs Peterkin, Dancing Champ, Kabool); Aristophanes (Forli); Kashmir, Abernant (widespread, incl Golden Thatch, Thatching, Derring-Do, Roland Gardens, Jan Ekels, Badger’s Drift, etc.), Aimee (Blushing Groom, Rainbow Quest, Saumarez, Badger’s Drift, etc.); Pretense (Fall Aspen, Fort Wood, Kabool); Averof, Foveros; etc.
- Sweet Lavender descendants, through Lavendula, Perfume, Source Sucree, Ambiorix, etc. (widespread, incl My Babu, Joy, Klairon, Regent Street, Ambiopoise, Irish River, Spectrum, West Man, Turn-To, etc.); descendants of Sweet Lavender’s full sister Rose Red (dam of Aurora, leading to Alycidon, Borealis, Acropolis, Clouds, etc.); etc.
- Dalmary descendants, incl Thatch, Golden Thatch, Thatching, Waterville Lake, Nureyev, Sadler’s Wells, Fairy King, etc
- Bride Elect descendants, incl Royal Prerogative (notably combined with Golden Thatch, as in Goldmark, sire of Rebel King; Royal Chalice), Prized, Hethersett (sire of Blakeney, sire of Commodore Blake), etc.
R5.000 nom; R15.000 Live Foal
DRAKENSTEIN STUD – W. Cape
Simondium, Western Cape
Tel: 021 874 9015