Winner of Gr1 Cape Guineas, Gr2 Selangor Cup, Gr3 Langerman
- Son of Champion Sire DYNASTY out of 2015 Broodmare of the Year, SI SENORITA
- Booked in his first season to 41 Black-type performers, 14 Black-type producers and a further 28 sisters to Black-type horses
- First crop yearlings in 2018
SUITABLE LINES for Act Of War could include
– descendants of the Marchetta female line, notably through Sweet Lavender, Lavendula, Source Sucree, Perfume. This includes stallion Turn-To and his sons Sir Gaylord and Hail to Reason – as in mares with Al Mufti, or other Lassie Dear descendants. Multiples of this female line are widespread.
– Other Marchetta descendants include Aurora, the dam of Alycidon (widespread), Acropolis (in Horse Chestnut, Toreador – the latter’s grandam 3×2 Alycidon x Acropolis), Borealis (in Right Approach). There are other branches of the family to be found locally.
– Other options are mares with lines of Portlaw (notably Sing Sing, Averof, Foveros; also Travel North, by Northern Guest, the latter full brother to El Grand Senor in Si Senorita’s sire Cordoba), or the probably hard-to-find Foreign Agent.
– Of importance might be the remote lines of Greatorex, doubled in the female line ancestors of (among others) Jet Master and the Lily-family (which are found together in stallion Ravishing). Jet Master also carries four lines of Lavendula (doubles of Hail to Reason, and of Perfume).