International Graded Stakes winner
Gr1 placed winner at 2
- Gr1 placed in Dubai, Gr2 runner-up at 2, Gr3 winner at 3, competed in French 2000 Guineas, Irish 2000 Guineas and Epsom Derby
- Timeform 115
FULL brother to Rhododendron
- triple Gr1 winner, 2nd Gr1 Investec Oaks, Gr1 1000 Guineas, Gr1 Breeder’s Cup F&M (TFR 118)
Son of the World’s best sire GALILEO
- Sire of over 70 Gr1 winners
Dam HALFWAY TO HEAVEN won 3 Gr1 races
- inc. Gr1 Irish One Thousand Guineas, Gr1 Nassau S. Gr1 Sun Chariot S.
- Timeform 118
- A daughter of 6-time Champion sire PIVOTAL.
- Sire of 126 stakes winners inc. Champions Golden Apples, Somnus and classic winners Buzzword, Sariska, Saoire and Falco, top class sires Kyllachy and Siyouni, as well as Queen’s Jewel, Regal Parade, Megahertz and Dubai World Cup winner African Story.
Grandam CASSANDRA GO brilliantly fast
- won the King’s Stand Stakes (Royal Ascot), Gr2 Temple Stakes, 2nd G1 July Cup
- Timeform 119
Family of successful sires STRAVINSKY (sire of over 70 SW’s, inc 9 Group 1 winners) and VERGLAS
First crop are yearlings in 2019
Suitable mares for Flying The Flag could include
- multiples of Northern Dancer and Mr Prospector, combined (widespread, notably Machiavellian);
- Missy Baba female line descendants, incl Lassie Dear descendants, widespread, notably Duke Of Marmalade;
- Dalmary female line descendants, incl Nureyev, Sadler’s Wells (notably Dynasty), Fairy King, Golden Thatch, Thatching, Lorenzaccio (Ahonoora), etc;
- Blue Peter, as in Model Man (incl descendants of his dam Top Model)), or in Princely Gift (Divine Force, Dominion Royale, Lavery, Tara’s Halls, Right Approach, King’s Chapel, Lavery, etc.);
- Forli (widespread, notably Special in Sadler’s Wells, Nureyev);
- Lavendula (Perfume), widespread; combined with Tourbillon (incl My Babu, Ambiorix); combined with Sadler’s Wells in Dynasty;
- Right Approach;
- Fappiano, Unbridled;
- Flying The Flag’s female line descendants (Stravinsky, Royal And Regal, Regal And Royal, Dowsing, Jam Alley, Grey Eminence; etc. ).
STUD FEE: R20.000