Gr2 winner in UK
- 2nd Gr1 King George & QE II S. at 3
- 4th Gr1 Investec Epsom Derby
- Timeform 122 at 3
Son of Gr1 sire & sire-of-sires PIVOTAL
Full brother to –
- Gr1 placed Gr2 winners EAGLE TOP (TFR 125) & THE LARK (TFR 110) (by Pivotal)
SW dam (TFR 108) half sister to –
- Champion 3yo Filly Gr1 SARISKA (TFR 125 – by Pivotal)
First crop foals in 2019
SUITABLE LINES for Wings Of Desire could include
- multiple lines of descendants of Selene (Hyperion, Pharamond, Sickle) and her dam Serenissima (notable Barley Corn); descendants of All Moonshine, including Eyewash (among others through Varinia (Karen’s Art), Early Dawn (former sire in SA, strongly kinbred to All Moonshine), Fiddlededee (3rd dam of mare Feather Bed in SA)), All My Eye (through Sir Tristram, and through descendants of SA mares Quest For Success, and Chilean Beauty), Mossborough (Ballymoss, Stage Door Johnny, etc), French Polish (Entrepreneur, etc).
- Pivotal’s notable ancestor Careless Kate descends from the mare Ranai, leading to Watling Street, Paddy’s Glycene (Bold Vixen, Lavender Bag), Fuchsia (Arctic Flower, High Frequency, etc), Lunatic (descends from Ranai, with sire Tom Fool a grandson of Pharamond, and dam by Hyperion), Coral Blue (Taibleu, Sobkis).
- Blue Peter appears frequently in notable descendants from the female line, leading to Model Man (and others)
- In a roundabout way another suitable influence could be Captain Al, who produced highclass runners from the mare Polar Charge (3-part sister to Pivotal), notably Always In Charge, Captain Lars. Captain Al gives kin-breeding through his notable female lines ancestors (notable Beylic) with Pivotal’s Chifonnier and Wing Of Desire’s 3rd dam Beacon.
STUD FEE: R35.000
(R5.000 nomination: R30.000 live foal)
HEVERSHAM PARK STUD – Daleside, Gauteng
Cell: 083 325 8161