The catalogue for one of South Africa’s best value for money thoroughbred sales is now online.
The 2020 Cape Yearling Sale, set to take place at the lavish Mistico Equestrian Centre just outside of Paarl on 28 February, has drawn a deep and competitive looking catalogue of yearlings from some of the country’s top breeders.
This sale has consistently produced high-class graded stakes winners, with its recent alumni including the very impressive recent Gr3 Lebelo Sprint winner Mr Flood (a R50 000 buy from the 2017 Cape Sale), and fellow graded stakes winners Doosra, Elusive Heart, Final Judgement, Hack Green, Princess Peach, and Drakenstein Stud’s exciting young stallion Gold Standard.
Recent winner Coral Bay, a winner of both the Kenilworth Fillies Nursery and Irridescence Stakes at two, was a R60 000 buy from the 2017 Cape Yearling Sale.
Among the successful and promising stallions represented at this year’s auction are Captain Of All, Count Dubois, Duke Of Marmalade, Elusive Fort, Flower Alley, Gimmethegreenlight, Global View, Ideal World, Judpot, Pathfork Pomodoro, Querari, Twice Over, Var, Vercingetorix, Visionaire and What A Winter –to name but a few!
Stallions with first local yearlings on sale include Admiral Kitten, Quasillo, Rafeef, Red Ray, and William Longsword.
Among the many attractive lots on offer at this year’s sale are:
- a Futura ½ brother to the stakes winning Kimberley Star and promising filly World Radar
- Querari colt from the family of Irish classic winner Samitar
- a Flower Alley colt bred on the same cross as Kentucky Derby winner I’ll Have Another
- a Louis The King colt out of the stakes winning Bursary
- a Master Of My Fate ½ sister to the smart Rush Hour Girl
- a Visionaire filly out of brilliant racemare Control Freak
- a Var colt from the family of Kochka and Jay Peg
- a Master Of My Fate filly whose dam is a ½ to two G1 winners
- a Global View colt out of a speedy four time winner
- a Master Of My Fate half-brother to Equus Champion Hammie’s Hooker
- a Gimmethegreenlight filly out of a stakes winning daughter of Dynasty
- a Var filly from the family of Mother Russia and Nother Russia
- a Greys Inn three-parts sister to Legal Eagle
- a Querari filly from the family of Yorker
- a Captain Of All filly whose dam is a half-sister to Dane Julia
- an Ideal World filly from the family of Marinaresco
- a Soft Falling Rain ½ brother to smart fillies Fear Not and Free State
- a Captain Of All filly from the family of Captain Tatters
- a Louis The King filly from the family of Val De Ra
- a Quasillo ¾ sister to G1 Thekwini Stakes runner up Melliflora
- a What A Winter filly from the same female line as Ajdal, Arazi and Noverre
- a Var colt out of a Fillies Guineas runner up
- a Querari colt out of a Sadler’s Wells daughter of Irish G1 winner Necklace
- a Querari filly from the family of top fillies Pacific Blue and Super Elegant
- a Global View filly whose dam is a Silvano ½ sister to dual G1 winner Eyes Wide Open
- a What A Winter colt out of a ½ to G1 winning sprinter Sergeant Hardy
- an Elusive Fort filly out of a 5 time winning ½ sister to the stakes winning Hanabi
- a Master Of My Fate half-sister to the stakes winning Sammy Jo
- a What A Winter colt from the family of champions Jay Peg and Kochka
- a Querari half-brother to 4 winners including the stakes placed Tiger Play
- a Captain Of All filly out of a full-sister to G2 winner Daring Dave
- a Vercingetorix filly from the Party Time family
- a Soft Falling Rain colt whose dam is a ½ to stakes winner Woodland City
- a Flower Alley filly out of G1 Woolavington 2000 winner Zirconeum
The 2020 Cape Yearling Sale once again promises to produce its share of high-class racehorses and no serious buyer can afford to miss it!