Dettori Hopes For Epsom

Frankie Dettori’s French agent, Herve Naggar, told guardian.co.uk that some progress was being made in the examination of his case by French Galop and he hopes to be back in action by the end of this week, keeping alive the possibility that he may have a ride in the Epsom Classics on Friday and Saturday.

Naggar went with Dettori and the jockey’s solicitor to a meeting with France Galop officials on Tuesday. Afterwards, he reported: “The medical committee accepted the explanation of the mishap with his earlier test and it is hoped that by the end of the week Frankie Dettori will be allowed to ride in France.” The continuing delay, nine days after the end of his six-month ban for a positive cocaine test at Longchamp, is a source of immense frustration to Dettori’s team.

The jockey’s agent Ray Cochrane said, “I’ve been talking to Frankie and he’s fed-up about it. We’ve got five rides [for Epsom on Friday] but people won’t put up with being messed about like this all the time. We can still organise it but I was hoping to get it done today. Instead, we’ve just got more messing about, keeping people holding on.”

Have Your Say - *Please Use Your Name & Surname

Comments Policy
The Sporting Post encourages readers to comment in the spirit of enlightening the topic being discussed, to add opinions or correct errors. All posts are accepted on the condition that the Sporting Post can at any time alter, correct or remove comments, either partially or entirely.

All posters are required to post under their actual name and surname – no anonymous posts or use of pseudonyms will be accepted. You can adjust your display name on your account page or to send corrections privately to the EditorThe Sporting Post will not publish comments submitted anonymously or under pseudonyms.

Please note that the views that are published are not necessarily those of the Sporting Post.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share:

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter

Popular Posts

The Candyman Set For Return To Saddle

The Sporting Post can break the news this evening that the ‘Candyman’ is expected to be back in action soon after returning from Australia following the family’s move Down Under in July last year

Read More »

New Blood, New Hope

There are three freshman stallions and four first-crop stallions represented at Sunday’s Bloodstock SA Cape Yearling Sale at Hollywoodbets Kenilworth

Read More »