Fortune – Licencing Committee Requests Further Info

Respecting the process

Former SA Champion Jockey Andrew Fortune says he remains positive and focused on a comeback to the saddle, after the National Horseracing Authority’s licencing committee provided him with feedback on his application when they convened on Monday 22 April.

Fortune has received a request for further information from the committee, and told the Sporting Post on Monday evening that he will gladly provide any information that may be required.

Andrew Fortune at the National Yearling Sale last week (Pic – Candiese Lenferna)

“I remain determined to start riding again and will respect the process. The committee has a job to do, and I will provide whatever information that they need to reach this decision. I am confident of succeeding and am, by this time of my life, used to overcoming challenges!”

He added that he had been indundated with whatsapp messages and phone calls from associates, friends and colleagues.

“Can I please send a shoutout via the Sporting Post to thank everybody for the interest, the love and passion shown. I read the social media comments, and it’s been amazing,” he added.

The 55 year old last rode professionally eight years ago and his comeback story has gripped the public’s imagination like none before.

It is not known how long the process will take from here.

Have Your Say - *Please Use Your Name & Surname

Comments Policy
The Sporting Post encourages readers to comment in the spirit of enlightening the topic being discussed, to add opinions or correct errors. All posts are accepted on the condition that the Sporting Post can at any time alter, correct or remove comments, either partially or entirely.

All posters are required to post under their actual name and surname – no anonymous posts or use of pseudonyms will be accepted. You can adjust your display name on your account page or to send corrections privately to the EditorThe Sporting Post will not publish comments submitted anonymously or under pseudonyms.

Please note that the views that are published are not necessarily those of the Sporting Post.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
24 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share:

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter

Popular Posts

From Chaos To Reform

Charl Pretorius writes in his Off The Record column on the 4Racing website that owners, trainers and racing fans are gravely concerned about the state of our industry

Read More »